HOME - - - CRAFT BLOG - - - ABOUT - - - CHART - - - RESOURCES - - - CONTACT - - -
PROGRESS - my crochet project log

Purple Baby Sweater

illustration
PROJECT SUMMARY
COMPLETEDTYPEFIBERCOST?TIME?WEAR IT IN PUBLIC?
Jan 2009knitwool/acyrlic blend$2fastdefinitely

I may never make another adult-sized sweater again. Baby sweaters! Oh, the very nearly instant gratification! This is an entire skein of violet worsted-weight wool-ease, done with size 3 needles. That's smaller than I've used on wool-ease before, but I like the effect. The fabric is nice and thick, making baby snuggles extra squishy. And I managed this in just a little over a week, thanks to nap-knitting and the larger guage.

As usual, I cast on at the neck, worked my way down across the shoulders, and then joined at the armpits. This time I also joined at the front to create the pull-over. I alternated stitches from each band on the needles, and then k2tg a stitch from each band to merge them. Worked out pretty well. My circular needle was too big though, so I had to switch to dpns. Might be worth investing in 16" circs in the near future.

Here's a shot with just the body done, waiting for the sleeves and more collar work:

I think I made the neck opening too big, but that just means there's more for Isabel to stuff in her mouth and hide behind for extra adorableness, so I suppose all's well that ends well.